GM invoices Brandon Beane prioritized protecting QB Josh Allen this offseason and is eager to add offensive linemen, as well as other pieces to ensure his quarterback can thrive.
“First of all, I will try to protect him” Beane said, via BuffaloBills.com. “As I said earlier, I have to make sure the starting line is established and that we have confidence in them. But beyond that, always looking for the different parts.
- The Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia thinks the Bills should re-sign DE Jerry Hughes and focus on developing their young trio of Gregory Rousseau, Boogie Bashamand AJ Epenesa.
- Rousseau looked like a force before hitting a wall in his rookie season, but Buscaglia thinks he should be better in Year 2. He adds that even though Epenesa and Basham haven’t started, Buffalo has shown that it can develop young players over time. .
- Buscaglia mentions that if the Bills re-sign Hughes, it probably means mario addison and Efe Obada are out. Both are on expiring deals and Addison could choose to retire.
- He also won’t rule out the team adding another defensive end at any time in the next draft.
- Dan Duggan of The Athletic reports that Giants QB David Webb had the opportunity to take a coaching position with the Buffalo Bills as an assistant quarterbacks coach.
- According to Duggan, Webb plans to pursue a coaching career and viewed Buffalo’s job as a “attractive choice” since it would be worth with Josh Allen. However, he ultimately decided to continue playing for New York.
During his appearance on the I Am Athlete podcast, the former Dolphins HC Brian Flores said he never had a strained relationship with QB Tua Tagovailoa and think it was a “crazy” account of their reported malfunction.
“It’s an interesting subject because it hasn’t been tense. We had a good relationship. It was a player-coach relationship. And I think in a relationship like that, you know, the coach challenges the player. And often the player challenges the coach. And I think there was a lot of respect between the two of us. So you hear these crazy kinds of–this story that’s out there. But he’s a working young man, who’s grown and improved in two years and, you know, I think he has, you know, a great future. I wish him the best. So the world can think what it wants to think. I think – ask Tua, you know? I’m here to say what I need to say, and you can ask her. So I think he would say the same thing.
Asked about learning the Patriots defensive system, the former LB Rosevelt Colvin said he had to learn the “details” of Bill Belichickthe system of government.
“I had to learn that there are details that Bill wants to take out of the defense. There’s a process, and I would say for young people, the learning curve is figuring out, “Hey, maybe it’s not always best to go 100 miles an hour. Sometimes you have to step back and say, “What is my role and how can I improve everyone on the pitch?” said Colvin.
Colvin thinks young linebackers need to understand “The basics” and their role in Belichick’s system for success. guys like Chase Winovitch, Josh Uche, Anfernee Jenningsand Ronnie Perkins have struggled to make an immediate and consistent impact so far in their respective rookie deals.
“So I think for young guys it starts with overcoming the difficulty of ‘what is my role and how can I play it to the best of my abilities?’ They have to know the basics. If they don’t know how to add and subtract, there’s no way they’re getting to algebra. … I’d say it’s not necessarily as complicated as people might think – you have to be able to adapt, that’s the most important thing.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider news and rumours?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors to TWITTER and FACEBOOK for uncovering NFL news and rumors for all 32 teams!