DUBLIN, July 14, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Space Laser Communication Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on End User, Application, Solution, Component and Range – Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031” report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global space laser communication market is expected to reach $ 4,107.1 million by 2031, with a CAGR of 26.98% during the forecast period 2021-2031.
The increasing number of satellite constellations for applications such as communication, technology development, Earth observation and remote sensing, as well as space research and exploration are expected to be the main driving factors of the market. In addition, the growing need for secure and high speed wireless communications and the growing demand for greater flexibility at low cost are some of the major drivers for the growth of the global space laser communications market.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the futuristic trends in this market and how is the market expected to evolve over the forecast years 2021-2031?
- What are the major drivers and challenges facing companies working in the global Space Laser Communication market today?
- How is the space laser communications market expected to grow during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What are the opportunities for companies to expand their business in the global space laser communication market?
- Which region is expected to dominate the global space laser communication market by 2031?
- What are the main development strategies implemented by the main players to maintain themselves in this highly competitive market?
- What is the current and future revenue scenario of this market?
- What is the competitive scenario of major players in the global space laser communication market?
- What are the emerging technologies that key companies are focusing on to increase their market share?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the companies influencing the growth of the market?
Space Laser Communication Market By End User
The space laser communication market has been segmented on the basis of end user including government and military, commerce. The commercial end user segment is believed to dominate the global space laser communications market due to the growing need for high speed inter-satellite communications for commercial satellite operators.
Space Laser Communication Market By Application
The space laser communication market has been segmented on the basis of applications including technology development, earth observation and remote sensing, communication, surveillance and security, research and exploration. The combat training application is expected to be the leader in the global space laser communications market due to the rapid growth of small constellation satellite plans by various satellite operators such as SpaceX, Telesat, Space Development Agency, ICEYE and Cloud Constellation.
Space laser communication market by solutions
The space laser communication market has been segmented on the basis of solutions including space-to-space station, space-to-ground), components (optical head, laser receiver and laser transmitter, modulators and demodulators, pointing mechanism, etc.). Communication to space is the most important solution contributing to the growth of the global space laser communications market. There are an increasing number of small satellites in larger constellations that require inter-satellite communication links for applications such as communication, Earth observation, technology development, remote sensing, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.
Space Laser Communication Market By Range
The space laser communication market has been segmented on the basis of range, including short range, medium range, and long range. The connectivity of satellite-to-satellite and satellite-to-ground stations is made possible through the use of short-range laser terminals. It enables short-range point-to-point inter-satellite communication to transmit data at high rates. Satellites for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) are more preferred for this range. This is expected to generate a huge demand for short range laser terminals.
Space Laser Communication Market by Region
The space laser communication market has been segmented on the basis of region, including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest-of-the-world. North America is expected to account for the highest share of the global space laser communications market, owing to a significant number of companies based in the region, increased spending by government and commercial organizations such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration ( NASA), Space X and Space Development Agency on the adoption of space laser terminals.
- Increase in the number of satellite launches for communications and Earth observation
- Alternative solution to overloaded optical technology
- Difficulties in creating laser communication between the satellite and the ground station
- Unfavorable government regulations
- Connectivity requirements in rural areas and developing countries
- Growing demand for high-speed and secure communication networks
- AAC Clyde Space (Hyperion Technologies)
- Analytical spatial operation
- Ball company
- General atomic
- Honeywell International
- Laser light communication (Halo network)
- ODYSSEUS SPACE SA
- Rocket lab United States, Inc,
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX)
- Micro space
- TESAT Spacecom
- Thales Group
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/uflyz2
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets