Executives, technical experts, academics, media and analysts will connect through OFC’s hybrid format with virtual and in-person programming and in-person exposure to meet the unique needs of a global audience.
OFC’s comprehensive technical program spans five days and includes peer-reviewed presentations and over 120 guest speakers. Presenters will discuss the industry’s hottest topics, including advanced digital signal processing (DSP); Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML); consistent plugins; co-packing; data center optics to more than 400G; emerging architectures for 5G and edge networks; high-speed PON network; SDM for submarine networks; quantum communications and photonic integrated circuits (PIC). Additional technical programming throughout the week includes symposia, in-depth tutorials, workshops, panels, and the thought-provoking rump session. Check out the schedule for in-person and virtual options.
“This is a pivotal year for OFC; for more than 45 years, the conference continues to provide the leading platform for global collaboration in the field of optical communication technologies,” said OFC General Chairmen Shinji Matsuo, David Plante and Jun Shan Wey. “OFC’s in-person and virtual program will feature a full suite of technology programs that provide expert insight and real-world examples of topics ranging from the latest in data center optics, to advances in optical co-packaged, machine learning and 5G.”
This year’s event includes a plenary session, more than 100 technical sessions with more than 500 invited and contributed talks, three symposia, three special sessions, ten workshops, nine panels, 55 short courses, as well as programming focused on businesses.
John Bower, Director, Institute of Energy Efficiency, University of California, Santa Barbara, United States; james green, Scientist and Senior Advisor, NASA, United States; and Elise Neel, Senior Vice President, New Business Incubation, Verizon, United States, will provide attendees with insight into how breakthrough technologies are shaping our world and the impacts they will have on the future of the industry.
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMMING:
Special conference programming includes symposia, panels, the Open Networking Summit and Demo Zone.
- OFC will include three symposia focused on the growth segments of the industry:
- Panelists, including major disruptors as well as incumbents, at the Open Networking Summit “Open Optical Disaggregation: What the Heck is Going On?” will present their views on the most profound developments in open optical disaggregation.
- The panels will provide an interactive learning environment on a variety of topics carefully selected by industry experts. This year’s topics include:
- The OFC Demonstration Area will provide live demonstrations of research projects and proof-of-concept implementations in the field of optical communication devices, systems and networks, including AI and ML applications for optical networks, programmable networks and quantum networks.
OFC’s dynamic business-focused programming will provide attendees with an understanding of current market trends, new technologies and a glimpse into the future of the industry. Sessions will discuss the state of the industry, emerging technologies, and recommended courses of action to tackle the toughest business challenges.
This year’s show lineup will take place 08 – March 10, 2022 will feature Market Watch, Network Operator Summit, Data Center Summit and more than 15 programs. Expert panels from global brands and key industry organizations will provide high-level perspectives on the state of the industry, hot topics, and insights into current and future challenges and solutions.
- Spanning three days, the Market Watch program will feature a series of panel discussions addressing the latest application topics and business issues in optical communications. Presentations and panel discussions feature acclaimed guest speakers from industry, research and the investment community, including the highly anticipated ‘State of the Industry’ analyst panel.
- Service providers and network operators present their insider perspective at the Network Operator Summit. This year’s session will feature the keynote speaker Lynn Nelson, Director, Optical Platform Development, Network Infrastructure and Services, AT&T, United Statesand panels on FTTH and access networks and the use of disaggregation as a network modernization strategy.
- This year’s Data Center Summit session will address evolving data center requirements for technologies, equipment, applications, and large-scale and enterprise deployment scenarios. Keynote speaker Ashish Vengsarkar, Head of Optical Network Technologies, Google, United States, will discuss the market forces driving future data center interconnect technologies. Two additional sessions will discuss scaling data center interconnects (DCIs) and solving the challenge of moving data centers to the network edge.
- Educational programs in all three exhibit halls feature presentations by experts from leading global brands and key industry organizations. Speakers will present high-level perspectives on hot topics such as intra and inter data center connectivity, infrastructure, and machine learning/automation.
- Industry groups such as Ethernet Alliance, DARPA and Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) will provide updates on technology developments, specifications and implementations.
OFC’s exhibition will feature hundreds of organizations showcasing the full range of products including networking equipment and software, active and passive components, test and manufacturing equipment, data center/products computers and cables and fibres.
HEALTH AND SECURITY:
OFC management is committed to protecting the health and safety of conference attendees and is following global, federal, state and local health guidelines in preparation for OFC 2022. All conference attendees, exhibitors , vendors and staff must be fully vaccinated and present photo proof of vaccination Identify yourself and wear a mask in San Diego Convention Center at all times except when actively eating and drinking. Please visit the health and safety page for more information on conference access requirements and procedures, including vaccine and mask guidelines.
Accredited media and analysts wishing to cover OFC can find registration and other essential information in the OFC Media Room.
The 2022 Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition (OFC) is the premier conference and exhibition for optical communications and networking professionals. For more than 45 years, OFC has attracted participants from all corners of the world to meet and greet, teach and learn, make connections and drive business forward.
OFC features dynamic business programming, global business exposure and high-impact, peer-reviewed research that, combined, showcases the trends shaping the entire optical networking and communications industry. OFC is co-sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society (IEEE/ComSoc) and the IEEE Photonics Society and co-sponsored and managed by Optica (formerly OSA). OFC in 2022 will be presented in a hybrid format with in-person and virtual components and will take place 06-10 March 2022 to San Diego Congress Center at San Diego, California, UNITED STATES. Follow OFC on Twitter @OFConferencelearn more on OFC Community LinkedIn and watch highlights on OFC YouTube.
SOURCE Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) Conference and Exhibition