Albemarle is a values-driven company that believes in doing the right things the right way. We combine world-class materials assets with great talent, technological know-how and a strong partnership with our customers to find new and innovative ways to improve essential aspects of life such as clean energy, food and fire safety and sustainable transport. Our purpose, our value and our growth are linked to creating a better world today and tomorrow.
The world is in the midst of an energy transition. Electric mobility is advancing and Albemarle’s strategy for long-term growth focuses on expanding our talents and capabilities across the world to help meet the growing need for electrification and digitization. It is an exciting time for Albemarle, and you could be an integral part of our important and exciting work.
The Senior HR Communications Specialist is part of Albemarle’s Global Communications team, reports directly to the Company’s Internal Communications Manager and works closely with the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Organization and the ‘organization of communications to define and execute action plans, story-based messages and creative assets. that reinforce the Albemarle brand and culture with current and potential employees around the world.
One of the ways Albemarle strives to harness the potential of our talents is by embracing workplace flexibility while balancing the needs of the business. Employees at some of our sites, including our head office in Charlotte, are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once a site reopens, eligible employees will have the option to work remotely several days a week, depending on the arrangement with their manager and their work needs at any given time.
• Work closely with the HRD and HR leadership team to develop, execute and measure an annual strategic communication plan that supports annual HR communication goals and improves our reputation and culture with employees and potential employees in the whole world
• Create and execute deliverables that support the company’s human resource management programs and initiatives, including DE&I, Talent Acquisition and Onboarding, Compensation and Benefits, Performance Management, learning and development and HR operations
• Write / edit / produce content for multiple communications including print, social media / web, blogs, newsletters, presentations, videos, etc.
• Provide editorial functions, such as consistency in tone, style, clarity and alignment with the values, strategy and operating model of the company (Albemarle Way of Excellence)
• Develop a CHRO thought leadership approach for our social / web channels and work with the company’s digital communications on content strategy and execution
• Work closely with Corporate Communications on employee communications / engagement best practices and editorial calendar planning for corporate channels, meetings and executive spokespersons
• Manage and develop the human resources intranet site. Support other resources / tools, public HRD meetings and additional HR functional meetings as required
• Benchmark and research to allow continuous improvement. Develop meaningful indicators and monitor and measure to show the impact and inform the HR communication plan and content strategy
• Strong research, writing and speaking skills
• Natural storyteller
• Proven ability to think strategically and solve problems
• Strong judgmental skills
• Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative; confident and at ease when working with executive stakeholders
• Demonstrates curiosity and an opportunistic approach; proactive and autonomous; acts with urgency
• Results-oriented, motivated and creative
• Excellent organizational and planning skills; detail-oriented
• Strong project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Works well under pressure with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines
• Experience in communication with employees
• Understanding of digital communications
• HR related experience
• Strong interpersonal skills; a committed team player
• Customer centric
• Strong work ethic
• Good sense of humor
Key decision areas:
• Plan the development and execution of activities
• Scenarios, messages and content development
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications or public relations.